I think so, In fact, I can think of thousands of good reasons to, and they all have pound signs in front of them.
You need to be careful though!
Whilst you can save a bundle of cash … if you don’t know what you are doing you could end up seriously out of pocket.
I can show you how buying a kitchen online can be easy … read on
Buying a kitchen online ... PRO's
- Better quality kitchen cabinets (than most DIY suppliers)
- Substantial cost savings
Buying a kitchen online ... CON's
- No kitchen design help
- You are responsible for everything (design works, ordering the correct parts etc.)
Buying A Kitchen Online …
So, as I suggested, It’s not a bad idea to buy your new kitchen on the internet.
However, you need to realise just why it is so much cheaper to do so!
There are a number of reasons why …
- No Showrooms
- No Kitchen Designers
- No responsibility
No Showrooms … This might be a bit of an exaggeration – they might have one … but certainly not the costs involved with opening, fitting out, and staffing a load of showrooms all over the country (as most of the DIY, and large chains, have).
No Kitchen Designers … Generaly online suppliers of Kitchens don’t get involved with employing kitchen designers.
No responsibility … They are not concerned wether your design works, or not, nor are they that worried about wether you have entered the correct parts required on their online order form – they are just going to supply you … with what you have asked for!
They are not there to do anything other than make and supply the products you have entered on their order form (and, they are normally very good at doing that)
So, as a fitted kitchen is not something you buy every day (you will probably buy a maximum of two in your lifetime) it’s not surprising that most people are a little nervous about buying a kitchen online … and getting it right!
There are a lot of hidden costs involved if you don’t. (not to mention exasperated kitchen fitters!)
So, if you are a little concerned about “getting it right” it would be well worth your while employing an Independent Kitchen Designer to do it all for you.
e.g. My Kitchen Design Service will provide you with …
- A fully dimensioned and anotated floor plan (this will be expected by any Kitchen Fitter)
- Flat Elevation Images of each wall – showing quite clearly each cabinet “handing”, drawers where positioned, and handle positions.
- 3D Colour Perspective Images (photo quality) showing just how your design is going to look
- A Specialist Worktop Drawing that you can use to get quotes from Granite/Quartz suppliers
- A complete Parts List of everything you need to order to fulfil the design (essential for buying a kitchen online)
You can find details of my service here … | Buying A Kitchen Online Design Service |
This service will help you through the maze, and uncertainty of trying to do something you are not confident about, and save you a lot of money in the process!
Also, looking to buy your appliances online? Check out the great deals at AO.com …
Use these Google Links to find related information …